Maenad of the moment.

Maenad of the moment.
“Saints have no moderation, nor do poets, just exuberance.” - Anne Sexton

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Bible Black

Open windows where white linen curtains smelling of fresh sea air billowed into the room with each breeze. I was sun-kissed, warm and slightly brown. I was soft, but firm, yielding but ready to fight, cagey, wary and unsure. I was cocky and demure, strong but weak. I was a living, vibrant conundrum. I was a breakable glass jar with a lid that wouldn’t open. I was a pretty war.

You were dark and brooding, laughing and cheerful. Your skin tasted of sea salt, old alcohol and honey. You were comfortable in your skin and ready to jump out of it. You were my fairy tale nightmare fantasy reality. I was in the pocket of your frayed jeans and you were tied in a knot.

We sat cordially for tea and broke the china. Fragments of the past seen through your eyes and my heart. We fucked on the table, grappling, violent, tremors turned to tearstained lips kissed away by lack of reservation.

Tangled, angles and curves, bone to bone to flesh to flesh, fresh and stale, old and young, new and remembered. You used the word deliquescent, so strikingly beautiful in the quiet … and we dissolved. into liquefaction of emotion that ran sparking across the live wire between us.


Tears fell, for you held me in the bible black pre-dawn.

Inspired in part by lyrics written by Jeff Tweedy

No comments:

Post a Comment